Friday, August 25, 2017

we three kings, well, six

Did you see the card I created using Shirley's Three Kings from the new STAMPlorations release?

Here's another version using a hot current trend of stamping a black  image over a background watercolored with areas of colors and calling it good. Not being a great colorer, I like this idea!

Once in yellow,teal and blue Gansai Tambi colors.


And a more royal version in pink, blue and purple. BTW, I used normal CS for these top-folding cards. TIP: To reduce warpage if I don't want to put the card through my Big Shot, when I finish a card I open it, spritz it a couple times with water, close it and press it between books. Usually takes care of the warping as it loosens the paper's fibers which are kept flattened as it dries.


I think I like the royal colors better. Which do you prefer? With the addition of a platinum heat embossed sentiment I think these are trendy as well as easy to make and definitely mailable.

I'm still enjoying MI at the moment but will be back next week with non-Christmas cards for your enjoyment. Have a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Love both of them. These look super simple to make too. I bet they'd look amazing with my Gansai Tambi starry paints too. Xx

Happy Dance said...

Great cards, Maria! Love the idea of watercolored swathes and a plain, black inked image. The sentiment is wonderful, too. I'll have to try the book thing. Should be easy to find them around here, as DH is a retired history prof, lol!! Bev

Anita in France said...

Both versions are fabulous, Maria ... the platinum embossing does add a yummy touch of luxury to those delicious watercolours! Hugs, Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...